1. Now after the Sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary came to look at the grave.
2. And behold, a severe earthquake had occurred, for an angel of the Lord descended from heaven and came and rolled away the stone and sat upon it.
3. And his appearance was like lightning, and his clothing as white as snow.
4. The guards shook for fear of him and became like dead men.
5. The angel said to the women, "Do not be afraid; for I know that you are looking for Jesus who has been crucified.
6. "He is not here, for He has risen, just as He said. Come, see the place where He was lying.
7. "Go quickly and tell His disciples that He has risen from the dead; and behold, He is going ahead of you into Galilee, there you will see Him; behold, I have told you."
8. And they left the tomb quickly with fear and great joy and ran to report it to His disciples.
9. And behold, Jesus met them and greeted them. And they came up and took hold of His feet and worshiped Him. Mat. 28:1-9
Where were you when Jesus was crucified? Do you remember? Can you recall what you were doing when he rose from the dead? No? Well, I can tell you exactly what you were doing and where you were when that happened. It's easy because I was there too, doing the same thing. You, me, and the rest of the whole world...we were all there. And we are still there.
When Jesus died on the cross he had every single person who has been, or will ever be, born, right in his heart. He knew us all then and he knows us all now. He loved us all then and he still loves us now. We are all still in His heart...the one that broke when they nailed Him to that cross. His heart broke for us, for each one of us, because He loves us and desperately wants us to be part of Him...part of His life. And he wants to be part of our lives. We can't do it by trying real hard to be good, or by following some big set of rules in the Bible. The only way we can do this is by joining Jesus at the cross, then at His resurrection. The only way we can do this is by faith.
18. And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.
19. "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,
20. teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Mat. 28:18-20
THIS is who we are now...disciples of Jesus Christ. Chosen ones who are especially loved and cherished by our Lord; He is always with us. Praise His Holy name forever!
Prayer: Lord, words fail to convey my heart's desire. I know I broke your heart once, but I also know that you have filled my life and my heart with your love. What have I done to deserve this? Absolutely nothing! But I do love you Lord Jesus and am in constant need of your help in my life. I give you my deepest an most heart-felt thanks for what you have done for me and for being with me always. Amen.