7. "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.
8. "For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.
9. "Or what man is there among you who, when his son asks for a loaf, will give him a stone?
10. "Or if he asks for a fish, he will not give him a snake, will he?
11. "If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give what is good to those who ask Him!
This is a personal favorite scripture of mine right now in my life. I am going through some serious health concerns and I must admit, I am frightened. But I know that God is my Father and that I can come to Him with any and every concern I have and he will answer my prayer. How do I know for sure that He will answer? Because of the words above.
Because I am a person who has never been a father, and yet does understand what it means to be a father, I understand what Jesus meant when he said these words. A good father will watch over his child and if that child comes to him, he will do his best to provide for him. He will also be there to guide his child into adulthood when the time is appropriate, when the child is no longer a child but a man. But because we are always children in God's sight, I think it is safe to say He will always be there for us to provide for us what we need when we need it and answer all of our prayers. We may not always understand His answers right away, but in time they will turn out to be good. Because everything that comes from our good father is good!
Father, I pray that none of us will ever forget how much you love us and want us to always feel free to come to you with anything in our lives. Our lives are frequently full of problems and concerns and we are frequently in need of You and your fatherly love and support. Thank you so much dear father! In Jesus' Name, AMEN.