Christian BoyLove Forum #66006
Life is hard, I'm finding that out. But it's not a new concept for me. I've had a difficult time all my life. Been poor (in money) all my life. And I've done my fair share of complaining about it most of my life. Well, a few days ago I was steaming about all the bills I owe and how no matter how much I try to find help with different Government agencies, I keep running into a wall...all of a sudden something Jesus said came to my mind. Here it is: 25. "For this reason I say to you, do not be worried about your life, as to what you will eat or what you will drink; nor for your body, as to what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?
26. "Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they?
27. "And who of you by being worried can add a single hour to his life?
28. "And why are you worried about clothing? Observe how the lilies of the field grow; they do not toil nor do they spin,
29. yet I say to you that not even Solomon in all his glory clothed himself like one of these.
30. "But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, will He not much more clothe you? You of little faith!
31. "Do not worry then, saying, `What will we eat?' or `What will we drink?' or `What will we wear for clothing?'
32. "For the Gentiles eagerly seek all these things; for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.
33. "But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.
34. "So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." I am sick and tired of worrying and sick and tired of griping about things. No matter how bad my life is, someone else has it worse. I don't know what lies ahead in my future, nor do I need to concern myself with it. God has it all covered. I just checked my mail today and there was two packages there, three months supply of both of my Blood Pressure medications. Thank You Jesus! God is bigger than any problem we might have and He is there for us. What more do we need? I can either choose to be a dark cloud or a ray of light...I choose the light.